What is Virgin, Temple, Remy Tresses?
Virgin hair is hair that has never been dyed permed, relaxed, or had any other chemical process or treatment.
Raw temple Indian hair is hair from India that is primarily sacrificed at a Hindu temple. This type of sacrifice is a centuries-old custom that has been taking place for 2,000 years. Indian men women and children gather at a holy temple ready to have their head shaved as this renders them pure blessed and they can show their thankfulness for life to their god. The hair that is sacrificed ends up on the street destined for hair extensions or is burned. Many of them know that their hair will be sold and that the temple receives a lot of money for this, but they don’t worry about this because the temple spends the money on good causes. For example, the temple provides free accommodations and food for them and it owns hospitals and schools that they can use free of charge.
The term “REMY” refers to the characteristics of the hair and the method used to manufacture the hair extensions. REMY has qualities such as uni-lateral cuticle direction, which basically means the hair follicles all go in one single direction.
Remy hair is collected in a method in which all hair strands stay aligned in the natural direction as it grew (i.e. holding the hair in a ponytail and cutting), top at top, and ends at ends, to maintain the natural texture pattern and cuticle direction. This eliminates tangling problems commonly found in non-Remy or low quality hair. Remy hair is only lightly processed.
Because of the method of collection, this type of hair is in short supply and is therefore quite expensive.
So basically, if “100% Human Hair” is the Benz of the industry, then “Remy Hair” is the Phantom…And “Raw Temple Indian Hair” is the Bugatti. (Look it up)
(info Sourced from: The Black Hair Blog, Indian Gold hair)
What is a U-Part wig (u-part, l-part, v-part)?
A U-part wig is wefted hair sewn onto a cap similar to a regular wig except there is a u shape cut out in the front usually at the forehead to allow your natural hair to show. Your natural hair is then combed over the tracks for a very natural looking hairstyle. U-part wigs can be worn as a removable wig or sewn down to your natural hair that is braided.
How do I take care of my Carol's Mane Tresses?
Hair Care Tips
To insure good hair care quality education is key. It is very important to keep in mind that hair weave is not a magic cure for already damaged hair. It is only an added extension of the beauty that’s already there. Carol’s Mane hair requires the same amount of TLC that is required for your very own natural hair. Remember longevity depends on your maintenance.
THE INSTALLATION METHOD IS THE NUMBER ONE KEY FOR CARING FOR YOUR WEFT.
HOW TO PREVENT HAIR SHEDDING
We hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no absolute way to prevent shedding. It does not matter what vendor you purchase your hair from or where. Shedding is inevitable. What you should know is that it is also normal. The natural hair growing out of your very own scalp sheds. What isn’t normal is excessive shedding. Thick strands and clumps of hair should not be coming out at every turn. To make sure hair does not shed excessively and is kept to a very light minimal, we strongly encourage you to notify your stylist to follow the key instructions.
- Do not co-wash hair using shampoo. Use conditioner instead. Shampoos are only meant to clean hair. It does not condition hair. It does not curl hair. It does not straighten hair. It does not soften hair. It does not shine hair. It only cleans the hair; meaning its role is meant to remove dirt and oil build up from scalp so that hair follicles can grow healthy, that is it. The excessive use of shampoo can actually cause hair to dry, harden and frizz up which leads to breakage and shedding. Conditioners work best because it hydrates hair and moisturizes. It also gives hair more definition and volume. Don’t use protein-based conditioners to co-wash, as they can lead to breakage. Stay away from conditioners labeled deep conditioner, deep hydration, or intensive mask. These types of conditioners tend to contain a higher proportion of ingredients that stick to the surface of hair causing build-up. Light based conditioners are best. Make sure hair is saturated with water before applying conditioner.
- Do not punch needle through the wefts or pierce the wefts during installation; this leads to increase in shedding and lessens the quality of the hair.
- If you are getting a sewn-in weave, please make sure that your stylist sew in the wefts by looping and tying the weave thread under and over the weft in blanket stitch.
- Keep the use of curling, flat irons, and other excessive use of heating appliances to a minimum. The more heat you use on your tresses- the shorter the lifespan. As with your own natural hair, heat causes breakage and shedding. You can safely use heat when you apply a heat protectant to the hair because it will block the high temperatures and prevent hair breakage. Curling irons are not always necessary for styling. Flexi-rod curlers, pillow rollers, and heatless hair setters will set your hair to your perfect desired style without heat. These items can be purchased at your local beauty supply retailer, Amazon.com, Ebay, and/or Walmart stores.
- Wear a satin scarf over your hair at night. A secure satin scarf will keep your hair from snagging, drying out and breaking during your sleep.
- Please use an ionic dryer because it produces negative ions that help to break down water molecules and take less time for the hair to dry at a lower temperature.
- Lastly, keep your hands out of your hair. This is the golden rule that mom used to enforce when we were all little girls, and it still applies today. Playing in your hair causes damage. When you are constantly running your fingers and hands through your hair all the time, yanking, and tugging at the weft. Whether or not you realize it – you are pulling your hair out. Although it may take some getting used to, it’s very important to keep your hands out of your hair. Learn to master the art of using wide-tooth combs instead.
DO’S and DON’T’S
- DO always seal your wefts. This is not an option but rather a priority and should be done prior to any install.
- DO not split the weft. Although many stylists like to do this – please know that splitting wefts are not necessary and will do more harm to the hair than good.
- DO clip the ends of the hair every 6/8 weeks or at time of re-install
- DON’T cut the wefts. If you cut the wefts, seal each end with weft glue right away.
- DON’T use bristle brushes as they tend to latch onto hair fibers and rip them from the weft.
- DON’T tie your hair back or pin up too tightly and never when it is wet. This pulls and stretches the hair wefts, causing it to shed and split. Because the hair you have purchased is of top quality you must treat it as such, or the result will be dry, dull, tangled, damaged and unmanageable hair. It is imperative to utilized products that restore and maintain your Carol’s Mane Tresses natural qualities (soft, silk, tangled free)
- Sulfate-free and silicone free hair products is a must:
AFTER INSTALLATION MAINTENANCE
- We are very anti-chemical. The use of products heavy in sulfates, silicone, parabens, extra proteins and other chemicals are not at all recommended as they result in stripped hair cuticles, excessive dryness, breakage, and even scalp irritation
- We highly recommend liquid gold weft glue for weft sealing or weave bonding.
- It is only necessary to shampoo once every two weeks. We must reiterate that shampooing is not the most important part of hair washing.
- ABSOLUTELY NO GREASY PRODUCTS!
- Greasy products will result in weighed down hair, loss of natural texture and increase chance of tangling. Keeping your hair conditioned regularly helps to avoid excessive use of hair products. Conditioning your hair is most important. One of the biggest myths about ethnic hair is that you need to have a constant rotation of hair moisturizers, sprays, gels, grease and oils to maintain healthy hair. This is not true. Natural hair is already strong, which is why so many people accidentally abuse it with rough treatment. Believe it nor not: wide tooth combs, natural ingredients such as virgin olive oil, argon oil, a good conditioner and water are the best tools and products for ethnic hair.
HAIR PRODUCT SUGGESTIONS
- Keeping your hair conditioned regularly helps to avoid excessive use of hair products. Conditioning your hair is most important. One of the biggest myths about ethnic hair is that you need to have a constant rotation of hair moisturizers, sprays, gels, grease and oils to maintain healthy hair. This is not true. Natural hair is already strong, which is why so many people accidentally abuse it with rough treatment. Believe it nor not; wide tooth combs, natural ingredients such as virgin olive oil, argon oil, a good conditioner and water are the best tools and products for ethnic hair.
- Use light-based conditioner
- Distribute conditioner with wide tooth comb evenly and thoroughly before washing. Do not use your fingers!
- Leave on for the duration of bath or shower, then rinse.
- Always comb your hair from the bottom up.
- Before shampooing, utilize the wide tooth combs to ensure tangle free.
- Use a good amount of shampoo and comb through to distribute from roots to ends
- Do not pull hair, yank hair, or scrounge hair up in your hands during wash. Rough treatment to hair is not necessary in order to achieve a thorough clean.
- Shampoo at least once biweekly/triweekly. Every 2-3 weeks. Learn to master the art of conditioning your hair more.
Should I seal my wefts?
Our great quality CM Tresses can last for years and years. However, wefts may need a little extra support sometimes to withstand the combing, brushing, sewing needle punctures, etc. that can occur over time. If you choose to seal your wefts, please check online for the best sealers to use.
What colors are available?
At this time we only provide unprocessed, natural hair colors. Although colors may vary the hair will be between 1b-2. We operate on a strict quality control system and it is not guaranteed that your bundles will be the exact same color. Because this is raw hair there may be some slight color variations. We try our best to match all orders as closely as possible but we cannot guarantee. Be prepared to dye the hair to the color of your choice if needed. Or you may leave them as is for a very natural look.
Can CM Tresses be colored and/or flat ironed?
Absolutely! You can use permanent color, semi-permanent color, and rinses on the hair just as you would your natural hair.
CM Tresses is in its natural state and it has never had any chemical process. When coloring, we recommend using a lower volume developer if you are dying it a lighter color for better control of the color change. We recommend that you consult your hair stylist for any chemical processes you plan on doing on the hair. This is 100% human hair. You can apply heat up to it but we recommend no more than 450 degrees. Any temps higher than that will damage the hair (even your own hair) beyond repair.
Keep the use of curling, flat irons, and other excessive use of heating appliances to a minimum. The more heat you use on your tresses – the shorter the lifespan. As with your own natural hair, heat causes breakage and shedding. You can safely use heat when you apply a heat protectant to the hair because it will block the high temperatures and prevent hair breakage. Curling irons are not always necessary for styling. Flexi-rod curlers, pillow rollers, and heatless hair setters will set your hair to your perfect desired style without heat. These items can be purchased at your local beauty supply retailer, Amazon.com, Ebay, Target, and/or Walmart. (Please note: Repetitive coloring, or perming will damage virgin tresses just as it would your own.)
Does CM Tresses tangle or shed?
CM Tresses is 100% Human Hair. All wefted hair will shed slightly at some point just like natural hair would. If you plan on cutting the wefts it is recommended that you SEAL your wefts before cutting to minimize shedding.
How many bundles of hair will I need?
This depends on the lengths of hair you want. Each bundle is about 100 grams. For a full install and If you prefer a very full look most hairstyles require at least 3 bundles (300 grams). If you are purchasing hair over 18″ length it is recommended that you purchase at least 4 bundles for a full look(We recommend 5 bundles for straight Tresses). The longer the length of the hair the shorter the track/weft will be. This is why you might need 4 to 5 bundles.
How Many Bundles Should I Order?
Depending on the style you plan to wear, the length you select, and the size of your head, a minimum of 2.5 bundles is needed for a natural-looking sew-in. Three or more for a full look and 4 to 5 very full look. Longer lengths (18″+) typically require 4+ bundles.
The number of bundles purchased depends on the look a client is going for. Some clients prefer four bundles over three bundles, some prefer five bundles over four. It varies by client and their desired style.
****For lengths between 12-16″, you should order 2.5 to 3 bundles. [For example: (12″,14″), (14″, 16″,16″) (16″, 18″,18″)]
For lengths between 18-22″, you should order 3 to 4 bundles. [For example: ( 18″, 20″, 20″), (16″,18″,20″,20″), or (18″, 20″,22″, 22″)]
For lengths above 22″, you can order 4 or more bundles. [For example: (24″,26″, 28″, 30″) (30″,30″,30″,30″,30″) (28″, 28″, 30″, 30″)]
My hair is not the correct length. How do I measure it?
Hair is measured by pulling it straight down and measuring from the weft to the very tip of the hair.
Does CAROL'S MANE have Sales?
Never miss a sale by Joining our VIP Listing…“Sign up for exclusive news and early-bird discounts”; “Never miss a sale again – subscribe now”.
Can I get a sample of the hair?
Unfortunately, we do not offer samples. However, you are welcome to purchase a few bundles and indulge in our quality CM Tresses. Rest assure you will not be disappointed!
How is my Carol's Mane Tresses handled prior to arriving at my door?
Before hair is distributed to our clients, it is inspected, cleaned and/or conditioned. We insure quality tresses are delivered with every order. Our Tresses can last at least 2-3 years or longer if cared for properly. A professional cosmetologist is recommended for proper care and styling of tresses.
Can I swim in my Carol's Mane Tresses?
Yes. We recommend wearing a swim cap whenever you go swimming. The chlorine/salt will make the hair dry and brittle, just as it does our own hair. Even using a swim cap does not completely keep the chlorinated/salt water out. You should always plan on washing your hair after swimming.
How do I dry my Carol's Mane Tresses?
To achieve the best results, let the hair AIR DRY. If you are in a rush, use a blow dryer with a diffuser on the end (for wavy hair). If you try to blow dry wavy hair without a diffuser, it will have a straightening effect on the wavy hair.
How do I straighten my curly or wavy Tresses?
After washing and conditioning, apply a small amount of shine serum (Chi Silk Infusion, or Biosilk) then blow dry the hair (without a diffuser), and using a vent brush to straighten as you go. Afterwards, curl or flat iron for your desired style. For hold, you can use Sebastian Shapers to give the hair shape without damaging the hair like spritz which will make the hair hard, dry and break the hair strand.
What is your refund policy?
Due to the nature of our products: ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS. See the Returns/Exchanges page for specific details.
PLEASE NOTE: Exchanges can only be accepted by email confirmation. Because of hygienic purposes, exchanges are not accepted for brushed, combed, washed, color dyed, bleached, or hair that has been cut.
Exchanges are only accepted for items that are UNOPENED AND UNUSED; all exchanges must be returned in the original package.
What is “Bill Me Later”?
Bill Me Later is a PayPal offered credit line that’s built-in to your PayPal account. You can use Bill Me Later during PayPal checkout. Bill Me Later lets you pay for your purchases in 2 simple steps – just enter your birth date and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number and accept the terms. Approval takes only seconds. Set Bill Me Later as your preferred payment method and you’ll speed through PayPal checkout even faster. Bill Me Later is subject to credit approval. There is no annual fee for using Bill Me Later and you have 6 months to pay off your balance prior to any interest fee’s being added to your account. This option is not layaway, this is deferring your payment to later.